Results include 56.0 metres (184 feet) of 0.37% Cu, 0.42 g/t Au, and 0.62 g/t Ag, containing 10.0 metres (33 feet) of 0.76% Cu, 0.99 g/t Au, and 1.30 g/t Ag.
The management of Romios Gold Resources Inc. ("Romios" or "the Company") is pleased to announce further positive results from the diamond drill program carried out during the summer of 2010 on its Trek Property in the Galore Creek area of British Columbia. Higher grade mineralization in holes TRK10-01 to TRK10-03 was followed with further higher grade results in drill holes TRK10-05 to TRK10-08.
Tom Drivas, President of Romios commented, "We are very pleased with the positive results from the 2010 Drill Program on the Trek Property. With each drill program we are getting closer to fulfilling our objective of developing a viable high tonnage porphyry copper-gold deposit. We are looking forward to our next drilling program on Trek, especially in light of the upcoming Hwy 37 power line and other developments in the area. In addition, we will continue working to advance the gold resource on our Newmont Lake Project and further our exploration work on our other projects."
Eight holes totalling 3,975.4 metres (13,042 feet) were drilled at the North Zone bringing the total to 23 holes on the Trek Property to date. The results confirm mineralization over an area measuring approximately 700 metres (2,296 feet) by 550 metres (1,804 feet) and to a depth of 450 metres (1,476 feet) indicating potential for significant tonnage. The North Zone is yet to be fully explored and is open to the east, south, north and at depth.
Some significant long intercepts from the 2010 drill program are as follows:
- TRK10-01: 78.0 metres (256 feet) of 0.20 % Cu, 0.26 g/t Au and 2.18 g/t Ag
- TRK10-03: 102.0 metres (335 feet) of 0.37% Cu, 0.15 g/t Au, and 1.18 g/t Ag
- TRK10-05: 56.0 metres (184 feet) of 0.37% Cu, 0.42 g/t Au, and 0.62 g/t Ag
- TRK10-07: 152.0 metres (499 feet) of 0.25% Cu, 0.15 g/t Au, and 1.94 g/t Ag
- TRK10-08: 50.8 metres (166 feet) of 0.33% Cu, 0.18 g/t Au, and 2.68 g/t Ag
Some significant, higher grade intercepts from the 2010 drilling program are as follows:
- TRK10-03: 4.6 metres (15 feet) of 3.84% Cu, 1.82 g/t Au and 8.52 g/t Ag
- TRK10-05: 10 metres (33 feet) of 0.76% Cu, 0.99 g/t Au, and 1.3 g/t Ag
- TRK10-07: 5.2 metres (17 feet) of 1.75% Cu, 0.60 g/t Au, and 14.3 g/t Ag
- TRK10-08: 8.0 metres (26 feet) of 1.52% Cu, 0.75 g/t Au and 5.98 g/t Ag
A table containing the composite assays, including the corrected TRK10-03 assays, is presented below.
Table 1. Composite and weighted assay intercepts from holes TRK10-01 to TRK10-08. Intercepts represent apparent thickness. The results for holes TRK10-01 to TRK10-03 were previously reported in a press release dated September 13, 2010 and have been adjusted to reflect the correct values determined during the Company's subsequent verification and validation of the assay data ("QA/QC"). See note below.
|Hole ID||Zone||From (m)||To (m)||Total (m)||Total (ft)||Cu %||Au g/t||Ag g/t|
* Please note: While the changes to the previously reported results were not material, the disclosure with respect to TRK10-03 indicated "Hole TRK10-03 intersected an upper zone of disseminated and vein-hosted copper mineralization 117 metres (383.8 feet) in length assaying 0.47% copper, 0.18 g/t gold, and 1.40 g/t silver.This interval includes a section of 65.1 metres (213.5 feet) which assayed 0.62% copper, 0.24 g/t gold and 1.64 g/t silver (within which a section of 4.6 metres (15.0 feet) averaged 4.03% copper, 1.71 g/t gold and 8.85 g/t silver)." Based upon the Company's subsequent QA/QC, the disclosure would be modified as follows: "Hole TRK10-03 intersected an upper zone of disseminated and vein-hosted copper mineralization 102 metres (334.56 feet) in length assaying 0.37% copper, 0.15 g/t gold, and 1.18 g/t silver. This interval includes a section of 65.1 metres (213.53 feet) which assayed 0.45% copper, 0.19 g/t gold and 1.25 g/t silver (within which a section of 4.6 metres (15.09 feet) averaged 3.84% copper, 1.82 g/t gold and 8.52 g/t silver).".
You can view a table showing a complete list of the composite assays for the entire 2010 drill program and a map showing the location of all of the holes (23 in total) that have been drilled on the Trek property by visiting the following location on the web:
Photos of select core samples can be accessed by visiting:
As a matter of procedure, the mineralized intervals of drill core were split in the field using an electric-powered core saw, bagged and sealed for delivery to ALS Chemex Laboratories in Vancouver for analysis. In addition to the laboratory's quality control program, a rigorous on-site quality assurance and quality control program was implemented which involves the insertion of blanks, standards and splits to ensure reliable assay results.
Results from the recently completed Quantec Titan 24 Survey and sampling on the Dirk Property will also be released when they have been received and analyzed by the Company.
The technical information contained in this press release has been reviewed and approved by Mr. Mel de Quadros, Ph.D., P.Eng., Director of Romios Gold Resources Inc. and a qualified person as defined by National Instrument 43-101.
About Romios Gold Resources Inc.
Romios Gold Resources Inc., a progressive Canadian mineral exploration company established in 1995, is headquartered in Toronto and is actively engaged in precious and base metal exploration across North America with a primary focus on gold, silver and copper. Romios has significant property interests in British Columbia, Ontario, Quebec and Nevada. The Company is undertaking extensive exploration work on its Galore Creek area properties in British Columbia, which are centrally located between Galore Creek Mining Corporation's large copper-gold-silver deposit and Barrick's high grade gold mine at Eskay Creek.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
For further information, please contact:
Tom Drivas, President and Director: (tel) 416-221-4124, (fax) 416-218-9772 or (email) email@example.com
Mel de Quadros, Ph.D., P.Eng. Director (tel) 416-668-6145 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael D'Amico, Investor Relations: (tel) 647-500-6023 or email Michael@baystreetconnect.com
Exchange Listings and Symbols: TSX-V:RG, NASDAQ OTC:RMIOF, Frankfurt:D4R.
25 Adelaide Street East, Suite 1010
Toronto, ON Canada, M5C 3A1
Tel: 416-221-4124, Fax: 416 218-9772
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements: This Press Release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, which may cause actual results to differ materially from the statements made. When used in this document, the words "may", "would", "could", "will", "intend", "plan", "anticipate", "believe", "estimate", "expect" and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Such statements reflect our current views with respect to future events and are subject to such risks and uncertainties. Many factors could cause our actual results to differ materially from the statements made, including those factors discussed in filings made by us with the Canadian securities regulatory authorities. Should one or more of these risks and uncertainties, such actual results of current exploration programs, the general risks associated with the mining industry, the price of gold and other metals, currency and interest rate fluctuations, increased competition and general economic and market factors, occur or should assumptions underlying the forward looking statements prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those described herein as intended, planned, anticipated, or expected. We do not intend and do not assume any obligation to update these forward-looking statements, except as required by law. Shareholders are cautioned not to put undue reliance on such forward-looking statements.